Re: new CommitFest states - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: new CommitFest states
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Robert Haas wrote:
> I don't think there should be a transition from Returned with Feedback
> back to Waiting for review.  Granted we might allow that occasionally
> as an exceptional case, but normally Returned with Feedback is a final
> state.

I did throw some disclaimers in the notes about this particular subject
at the bottom of the table.  The main reason I put that in there is that
sometimes a reviewer or even the CF manager (I did this myself once this
time) will mark something "Returned with feedback", thinking there's no
way the issues pointed out can be addressed right now.  And then, a day
or two later, in comes a patch that does just that; surprise!  Since it
seems to happen anyway, and I'd prefer not to get in the position where
people are screaming "you threw me out with 'RWF' unfairly", I thought
it was better to accept that possibility so long as the whole thing is
tightly bounded as far as how much time the author has to do it.

> (Also, Waiting for review is actually the wrong name for the state
> it's trying to talk about.)

Uh, what are you talking about here?

greg@2ndQuadrant.com  www.2ndQuadrant.com