Re: tsearch parser inefficiency if text includes urls or emails - new version - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: tsearch parser inefficiency if text includes urls or emails - new version
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> --enable-cassert might have a noticeable performance impact.
> We usually try to not have that on when doing performance testing.
Right.  I turned it on for some initial tests to confirm that we had
no assertion failures; then turned it off for the performance
testing.  I did leave --enable-debug on during performance testing.
My understanding is that debug info doesn't affect performance, but
I guess it never hurts to try an empirical test to confirm.
-Kevin