Re: Postgres performance on Veritas VxVM - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: Postgres performance on Veritas VxVM
Date
List pgsql-general
River Tarnell wrote:
> I'm now running a test using VxFS on SVM soft partitions to see if that
> improves performance at all (but I'd much rather have the flexibility of
> VxVM).

Flexibility is often expensive from a performance point of view.  We
regularly tell people here that they have to avoid using Linux's LVM for
similar reasons--while it shouldn't be so slow, it is.  Nothing you can
do about it but use direct disk partitions instead if you need the
performance to be good.

greg@2ndQuadrant.com  www.2ndQuadrant.com