Re: how to install just client libraries on windows? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: how to install just client libraries on windows?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 2/12/2009 10:40 AM, Sachin Srivastava wrote:

>> Dave: Are there sources available for the EnterpriseDB
>> installer/packaging system? I'd like to get into the linux library
>> path patcking problem myself, since nobody at EDB seemed to be
>> interested in the issues when discussed on -general last week.
> Craig, we always hear to what the community says as that will help us
> improve the installer a lot. We have already committed a fix as per the
> discussion and are in a process of verifying the changes and will be
> hoping to release it very soon.

Great - I'm glad to hear it. I had no idea you were working on it, as
you didn't respond on the list except to suggest that you'd avoid
installing libxml2 if it was already there.

Is that what you man by the fix? Or are you updating the installer to
avoid messing with ld.so.conf by using rpath linking instead?

--
Craig Ringer