Re: cvs chapters in our docs - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ron Mayer
Subject Re: cvs chapters in our docs
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Brendan Jurd wrote:
> 2009/11/29 Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>:
>> Wow, we mention 28k modems --- we are legacy software:  ;-)
>>
>>     This initial checkout is a little slower than simply downloading
>>     a <filename>tar.gz</filename> file; expect it to take 40 minutes
>>     or so if you have a 28.8K modem.
>
> Yes, and what about all the people using carrier pidgeon to download
> Postgres?  I think our documentation is neglecting this substantial
> and vital portion of our user community.

Never underestimate the bandwidth of a carrier pigeon with a flash
card tied to his leg. [1]
  "11-month-old bird armed with a 4GB memory stick... the carrier pigeon  delivered 4GB of data 60 miles in a little
overan hour"

[1] http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/Carrier-Pigeon-Officially-Beats-DSL-104393