Re: RAID card recommendation - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Ron Mayer
Subject Re: RAID card recommendation
Date
List pgsql-performance
Steve Crawford wrote:
> Greg Smith wrote:
>> Jochen Erwied wrote:
>>> - Promise Technology Supertrak ES4650 + additional BBU
>>>
>> I've never seen a Promise controller that had a Linux driver you would
>> want to rely on under any circumstances...
> +1
>
> I haven't tried Promise recently, but last time I did I determined that
> they got the name because they "Promise" the Linux driver for your card
> will be available real-soon-now.

One more data point, it's not confidence inspiring that google turns up
Promise Technologies customers that are quite vocal about suing them.

http://www.carbonite.com/blog/post/2009/03/Further-clarification-on-our-lawsuit-against-Promise-Technologies.aspx