Re: Very bad FTS performance with the Polish config - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Wojciech Knapik
Subject Re: Very bad FTS performance with the Polish config
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

*SNIP*
> So about 55% of the time is going into affix pattern matching.
> I wonder whether that couldn't be made faster.  A lot of the cycles
> are spent on coping with variable-length characters --- perhaps the
> ispell code should convert to wchar representation before doing this?

Thanks a lot for looking into this. I hope this will lead to some
improvements one day.

Unfortunately my C skills were pretty basic years ago and I haven't used
the language since, so I can't be of much help..

cheers,
Wojciech Knapik