Re: Can anyone help setting up pgbouncer? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: Can anyone help setting up pgbouncer?
Date
List pgsql-general
Nick wrote:

> Solved.
>
> I restarted with the -v option and noticed a permission error with
> the .pid file. I guess I installed pgbouncer as root and that created
> the permission conflict. Ive updated the permissions and everythings
> running smoothly now.
>
> Thank you so much Richard for you help and patience!

Yay! These things usually turn out to be a process of:
1. Spend ages finding trivial error.
2. Spend 1 minute fixing error.

Now, don't forget to keep an eye on your pgbouncer setup* and make sure
it's (a) still running (b) has the right number of connections in its
pool. Other than that, it doesn't need much care and attention.

* Try nagios or munin for monitoring systems. There are PostgreSQL
related plugins for both.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd