Re: "Not safe to send CSV data" message - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: "Not safe to send CSV data" message
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:
> In any case
> there will certainly always be *some* postmaster messages that could
> be emitted after setting the log_destination GUC and before launching
> the syslogger child.  If the designed behavior is that we dump to
> stderr during that interval, we should just do it, without the useless
> and confusing bleating.

I'm fine with that. I don't remember whether I put that in or whether it
came from the original patch author(s). Either way, I assume the reason
was to explain why the message appeared on stderr rather than the
CSVlog. Now we have a couple of years of experience with CSVlog I agree
it's not needed (if it were we'd probably have had more complaints like
yours anyway).

cheers

andrew