Re: CommitFest expectations - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: CommitFest expectations
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Robert Haas wrote:
> This expresses my feelings on the topic exactly, and perhaps merits
> inclusion in a Wiki page someplace.  Maybe we need to have a wiki page
> on commitfest rules & expectations.

I put a note at
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Submitting_a_Patch#Submission_timing
which seems the logical place to warn people about patch submission
guidelines; there was already one there about avoiding submissions
during the beta I moved into the new section.

There's still some debris from the old wiki-based CommitFest approach
floating around the wiki that makes it harder to figure out how things
fit together than it should be.  I started cleaning that up with
refreshing http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/CommitFest , which is
probably the right place to document general rules and expectations better.

greg@2ndQuadrant.com  www.2ndQuadrant.com