Re: Summary and Plan for Hot Standby - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: Summary and Plan for Hot Standby
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane  wrote:
> I agree with Heikki that it would be better not to commit as long as
> any clear showstoppers remain unresolved.
I agree that it would be better not to commit as long as any of the
following are true:
(1)  There are any known issues which would break things for clusters    *not using* hot standby.
(2)  There isn't an easy way for to disable configuration of hot    standby.
(3)  There is significant doubt that the vast majority of the patch    will be useful in the eventually-enabled final
solution.
If none of these are true, I'm not sure what the down side of a commit
is.
-Kevin