CommitFest 2009-11 Closed; Initial assignments - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Smith
Subject CommitFest 2009-11 Closed; Initial assignments
Date
List pgsql-hackers
With some lazy Sunday slack, the 2009-11 CommitFest is now officially
closed.  Due to a bumper crop of review volunteers, almost all patches
are already assigned an initial reviewer.  Here are the notable exceptions:

SE-PostgreSQL/Lite:  It's hard to find a reviewer willing to take on a
patch this large.  The work to review here has dropped considerably
since the last rev of this, which is good progress.  But much like Hot
Standby and Streaming Replication, I fear we may be at the point where
this patch needs a more dedicated long-term reviewer attached to it,
rather than presuming we can grab one from the RRR pool.

Listen / Notify rewrite:  I feel this one has attached enough review on
this list already to qualify as "returned with feedback".  Once the
design for payload and memory allocation settles down, I encourage
Joachim to resubmit an updated version during this CF.  If that's within
the next two weeks, we do have some fresh reviewers who aren't available
yet but are lined up for a second round in December if necessary.  We
can certainly ask one of them to do a deeper dive into the patch at that
point.  This feature has enough pent up demand for it (and modest
complexity) such that I don't expect a problem finding people to review
it and eventually get it committed during 8.5, even if that bounces to
the next CF.

Memory management probes and SLRU/executor probes:  With these coming
just before the deadline I wasn't able to nail down someone who had the
ability to test DTrace code in the first round.  I'd welcome a review
volunteer who is looking to play with DTrace to take a look at either or
both patches.  If that doesn't happen, eventually I'll just review them
myself.

greg@2ndQuadrant.com  www.2ndQuadrant.com