Re: pgmemcache vs pgmemcached - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Suzuki Hironobu
Subject Re: pgmemcache vs pgmemcached
Date
List pgsql-general
Juan, Thom, and Hannu,

I'm S. hironobu, pgmemcached maintainer.
I add to comments:

I made pgmemcached in July, 2008, and up-loaded it to my website.
Afterwards,
Hannu made pgmemcache2. In about the end in 2008, he became to maintainer of
pgmemcahe, I sent him some patches.

The roots of pgmemcached and pgmemcache2 is pgmemcahe by Sean Chittenden.
At DNA level, these two children are almost same. Only difference
between them is
error handling. pgmemcached can returns the error code  when an error
occurs
(it's like the Unix's system call).  However, pgmemcache doesn't support
this function,
because Hannu dislike global variables.

Now,  Hannu makes an effort hard for the release of  pgmemcache.
On the other hand, I stopped developments of  pgmemcached because I was
satisfied
with it in the summer of 2008, now I try some concurrent programming:
for example, almost lock-free memcached etc..

If you have some feature requests,  please send  to  Hannu :-)