Re: [patch] pg_ctl init extension - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: [patch] pg_ctl init extension
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> The patch is pretty straightforward,
> but does anyone else actually want this? Comments?
I agree that the initdb name seems odd next to the other executable
names, but the functionality seems a little out of place to me in
pg_ctl.  The other options all correspond (more or less) to LSB init
script actions (and we've been talking about the desirability of
making that a closer fit); while this is something which would *not
be appropriate* in an init script.  We could filter this option out
in the script, but it seemed like you wanted to keep the script as
short and simple as possible....
-Kevin