Re: next CommitFest - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Euler Taveira de Oliveira
Subject Re: next CommitFest
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Robert Haas escreveu:
> I think an automatic system would probably not be too valuable

I have the same impression.

> It's easy to generate systems that spew out a lot of email, but the
> system doesn't really have any understanding of what is really going
> on.  When I send out emails to nag people, I actually put quite a bit
> of thought into what I say.  Sometimes I try to summarize the current
> status of the patch, sometimes I add my own thoughts, sometimes I just
> fire off a one-liner.  I think that adds value, but perhaps I
> overestimate myself.

But I think we should try to have multiple CMs so we don't burn out someone
else. That group (a small one) could do the same job Robert has been done
(AFAICS a very good job) but in a distributed way. I certainly could be a CM
if I don't have to dedicate too much time at the CF month. I don't know if it
would be as effective as it has been done but it will take that weight off our
CM's shoulders.

--  Euler Taveira de Oliveira http://www.timbira.com/