Re: Free Tool to design Postgres Databases - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Guy Rouillier
Subject Re: Free Tool to design Postgres Databases
Date
List pgsql-general
Andre Lopes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'am searching for a free tool to design a Postgre Database. There is
> something similar to MySQL Workbench?
>
> Best Regards,
> Andre.

 From 9/11/2009 "Open source database design tool ,  alternative to
MicroOLDAP"

Open ModelSphere: http://www.modelsphere.org/

 From 5/24/2008 "best er modeling tool for postgreSQL":

/** GNU-GPL **/
OpenSystemArchitect
     http://www.codebydesign.com/
Power*Architect
     http://code.google.com/p/power-architect/
Druid
     http://druid.sourceforge.net/
ERW
     http://erw.dsi.unimi.it/
Dia
     http://live.gnome.org/Dia
XML to DDL (python scripts)
     http://xml2ddl.berlios.de/
Graphiz - I believe I've read of people using it to reverse engineer
from DDL
     http://graphviz.org/

/** Multiple versions/licenses (each has a "free" and a "not-free"
version) **/
DBVisualizer
     http://www.minq.se/products/dbvis/
Toad
     http://www.toadsoft.com/

/** Not-free **/
Microsoft Visio - (If you already have it, it does work quite well)
DataStudio - 30 day trial
     http://www.aquafold.com
DBWrench - 30 day trial
     http://www.dbwrench.com/

 From 3/13/2008 "ER diagram tool"

http://druid.sf.net/
http://schemaspy.sourceforge.net/
http://uml.sourceforge.net/index.php

And on it goes.  Keep searching and you'll find more.

--
Guy Rouillier