Re: Best suiting OS - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Karl Denninger
Subject Re: Best suiting OS
Date
List pgsql-performance
Denis Lussier wrote:
I'm a BSD license fan, but, I don't know much about *BSD otherwise (except that many advocates say it runs PG very nicely).

On the Linux side, unless your a dweeb, go with a newer, popular & well supported release for Production.  IMHO, that's RHEL 5.x or CentOS 5.x.  Of course the latest SLES & UBuntu schtuff are also fine.

In other words, unless you've got a really good reason for it, stay away from Fedora & OpenSuse for production usage.