what comes after apt-get for a Debian installation? - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Wm.A.Stafford
Subject what comes after apt-get for a Debian installation?
Date
List pgsql-novice
I'm trying to install Postgres on a Debian machine.  I did a successful
apt-get.  At this point I'm not sure how to proceed.  I have seen
several web sites with similiar instructions
(http://www.debianhelp.co.uk/postgresql.htm), but I don't see anything
similiar in the Postgres documentation.

Question 1: what is the next step?

Question 2: can someone recommend a documentation page that explains
what to do?

Question 3: I'm totally confused about permissions.  What portion of the
install must be done as a linux super user and what can be done as a
postgres user?

Thanks for any help and/or guidance,
-=beeky