Re: community decision-making & 8.5 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: community decision-making & 8.5
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> So I think it would make sense for you guys to do Alpha2.
I'm not really clear on what that means.  I'm assuming that part of
the goal is for us to become more intimately familiar with the details
of putting together a release, documenting the process, and suggesting
possible process improvements.  But I think I need a little more of a
broad outline, at least, of what would fall to this team.
Are we talking about taking things from the end of the CF up to the
point of publishing the alpha release files?  We would try to cover,
to the extent we can, the jobs normally done in a major release by
Tom, Bruce, and others?  (Partly to free them to do other work during
the alpha release preparation?)  Or am I totally off base in what
you're talking about?
-Kevin