Re: Alpha 1 release notes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Alpha 1 release notes
Date
Re: Alpha 1 release notes  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
Peter,

Attached is a new draft of the "release notes".

What I've done in this version is added more subsections and arranged
stuff into groups by funcitonality area.  I think this makes the notes
vastly easier to scan; having 25 items generically under "server" wasn't
helpful at all to find features and fixes.

I'd like to do 2 more things today:

a) rewrite a lot of the feature explanations more clearly so that most
of our users can understand (and test) them.

b) check against the gitlog to make sure we haven't missed anything.

What's my deadline?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.