Re: GRANT ON ALL IN schema - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Petr Jelinek
Subject Re: GRANT ON ALL IN schema
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

I attached revised version of the patch. Changes, thoughts:
- SCHEMA is mandatory now
- removed VIEWS and GRANT ON VIEW since it looks like only me and
Stephen want it there
- the patch is now made so that adding new filters in the future won't
mean tearing of half of the parser code and replacing it
- I decided to go with GRANT ON ALL IN SCHEMA syntax, because I am
thinking there is no difference in adding extended syntax to the
standard command in GRANT and in SELECT, ALTER TABLE and other commands
we extended. And I don't see any way standard could add exactly same
syntax for doing something completely different (which is the only way
they could break this).

--
Regards
Petr Jelinek (PJMODOS)