Re: Alpha Releases: Docs? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Alpha Releases: Docs?
Date
Re: Alpha Releases: Docs?  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce,

> I would love to get out of the release-note-writing business, but I
> can't imagine how such a document could be written incrementally, so it
> is logical that I would want some kind of test to see that the method I
> didn't think would work would actually work.

What about Robert's suggested method of simply checking the incremental
version against the commit logs?  Then you'd only be writing what was
actually missed, rather than writing everything and then checking it.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.