join regression failure on cygwin - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject join regression failure on cygwin
Date
List pgsql-hackers
My Cygwin buildfarm member started failing (hanging, in fact) recently.
It seems to hang consistently in join.sql and the only way I can get it
to complete is to kill the backend fairly violently. See
<http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=brown_bat&dt=2009-07-22%2023:10:21>
It looks like this is the result of the semi-join ordering bug fix Tom
applied a few days ago, but it is building and running 8.4 quite
happily, and I think that branch got the same changes, so I'm not quite
sure about it.

I'm going to try reversing that change locally to see if it fixes the
problem. Unfortunately, this isn't an easy platform to debug.

cheers

andrew