Re: HadoopDB ("PostgreSQL...shared-nothing cluster... accepts queries in MapReduce or SQL") - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Ron Mayer
Subject Re: HadoopDB ("PostgreSQL...shared-nothing cluster... accepts queries in MapReduce or SQL")
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Josh Berkus wrote:
> On 7/21/09 12:42 PM, Ron Mayer wrote:
>> This looks exciting.  Another postgresql-other-software-chimera with
>> impressive performance and scalability.
>>
> Oh, cool.  I have a use for this *right now*.

Me too - which is making me quite interested in if there's a mailing list
or community that'll spring up around this... I don't see one on their project
site ( http://db.cs.yale.edu/hadoopdb/hadoopdb.html ) - so I wonder if
we (those of us who are interested) could try this thing out and if it looks
promising, possibly adopt the project on pgfoundry or something if they don't
build a community around it.