Re: Odd historical fact about Bison - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Odd historical fact about Bison
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 7/11/09 12:24 PM, Shane Ambler wrote:
>>> The real question is slow-to-upgrade OSes like HP-UX, AIX, OpenBSD
>>> and Solaris. What version of Bison are they shipping with?
>
> Mac OSX 10.4.11 - GNU Bison version 1.28

Hmmm, given the number of other OSS things which won't install on 10.4
(like Firefox 3), I'm not that worried about this one.  People can still
install and run the binaries, yes?  And Bison is easily upgraded via
Fink or MacPorts.

Plus we've required 1.875 for years anyway.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.