Re: EDB taking over? Another heart attack. - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Andreas Pflug
Subject Re: EDB taking over? Another heart attack.
Date
Re: EDB taking over? Another heart attack.
Re: EDB taking over? Another heart attack.
List pgsql-advocacy
Dave Page wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 5:00 PM, Andreas Pflug<pgadmin@pse-consulting.de> wrote:
>
>> Until now, I had been using the installer for Windows installations, and
>> never had a look at the pure zips (while I always compiled from source
>> on *ix systems) Now, I decided to check into the zip package since the
>> 1-C-I doesn't really meet my requirements, and found that even the zip
>> link on http://www.postgresql.org/download/windows redirects to
>> EnterpriseDB's download pages! That's  ... bold.
>>

> Well, yes - where do you think the zip file comes from? The build
> scripts create it when they build the installer.
>

>> Digging further:
>> http://www.enterprisedb.com/products/download.do
>>
>> Apparently EDB already HAS taken over the project, but some of us
>> haven't noticed so far.
>>

> We're not allowed to put our installer on our own download page?

I find it *very* offensive that EnterpriseDB claims PostgreSQL 8.4 to be
their product. That's what I can read from that page.
Not surprising, the release notes in the zip are EDB branded as well.

This attitude isn't really new to me when it comes to EDB (you know best
what I mean, because that was our very first contact with EDB back then
before you were bought by EDB).

Regards,
Andreas