Re: Password? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: Password?
Date
List pgsql-general
Ms swati chande wrote:

>              Made the following change in the postgresql.conf file:
>                      listen_addresses = 'xxx.xxx.x.x' (my current ip)
>              and in pg_hba:
>                      host all all 'xxx.xxx.x.x' trust

>     6.Opened another command window.
>        Now when I write in the new window (or even in the same),
>                      c:\postgresql\bin>createdb demo
>        OR
>                      c:\postgresql\bin>createuser -S -d -R svc
>        I am prompted for password, I don't know what to enter here.

try ...
    createuser -h xxx.xxx.x.x -S -d -R svc

by default, its connecting to localhost (127.0.0.1) rather than your IP.

(note this behavior is different than on Unix/Linux type systems, where
by default it connects to a 'unix domain socket', which doesn't exist on
MS Windows).

If you only want to connect to this database from the same computer, I'd
suggest using 127.0.0.1/localhost rather than xxx.xxx.x.x in both the
listen_address and pg_hba...