Re: Joint user survey with EnterpriseDB? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Joint user survey with EnterpriseDB?
Date
Re: Joint user survey with EnterpriseDB?  (Shane Ambler <pgsql@Sheeky.Biz>)
List pgsql-advocacy
> I haven't objected to "the whole idea". Surveys are good, and I've
> proposed a plan to deliver one, that has clear backing.

Yes, and I believe that the survey you propose, when it's delivered,
will be superior to this one.  The fact that we're going to do a better
survey 1 or 2 months from now is no reason not to do an OK survey now.

It's not like we're limited to doing 1 survey per year for some reason.

> What is so important about this that it should be railroaded through at
> the last minute? What was wrong with a community project? I've explained
> a reason why we should wait a month; you've not explained why haste is
> important.

During the next 2 weeks, PostgreSQL.org will have more traffic than it
will for the rest of the year.  This gives us an opportunity to hear
from *more* users than we will a month from now.

However, to allieviate some of your concerns, JD has duplicated the
survey on postgresql.us so that we can have the survey on a site we control.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.