Re: Joint user survey with EnterpriseDB? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Ron Mayer
Subject Re: Joint user survey with EnterpriseDB?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Leif B. Kristensen wrote:
> On Friday 26. June 2009, Josh Berkus wrote:
>> For your primary database:
>>
>> 5)How big is the database in GigaBytes? (pick 1)
>
> From this question, I figure that users in the sub-Gigabyte range are
> not really interesting. For my own part, I've got a primary database of
> around 50 Megabytes...

For that matter, which one is my "primary" database?

My biggest?  The one with my highest paying customer?  The
one I spend the most time on?  The one with the highest
transaction rate?

I have some large ones that are pretty static (holding tons of
shapefiles imported to postgis), and smaller ones that are
much more active.

Unlike Oracle where their pricing model encourages you to
squeeze as much as you can into one database, I imagine many
organizations use many postgres databases.

Maybe questions like "how many production postgres databases
do you deal with", and maybe even "how many devel ones" would
be interesting.  Maybe even "what's the total size, total TPS,
and total number of end users of the production databases".