Re: polymorphic function in 7.4 vs. 8.3 - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Rob Sargent
Subject Re: polymorphic function in 7.4 vs. 8.3
Date
List pgsql-sql
Richard Rosenberg wrote:
> On Thursday 11 June 2009 14:49:46 Tom Lane wrote:
>

>> Sure you can't move the DB off 7.4?  There would be pretty considerable
>> benefits from adopting some recent release instead.
>>
>>             regards, tom lane
>>

> Don't I know it. I am SOL as the machine is hosted/shared out by an external
> provider. I can do it by getting rid of the polymorphism - breaking the
> columns into separate args - as you say:

Hmm.  Some subliminal coercion seems in order here.  "Gee I hope it
doesn't leek out that <ThirdPartySupplier Here> is so poorly run that
they're stuck on postgres 7.4 with no hope of ever catching up with the
rest of the world"....