Re: pgindent run coming - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: pgindent run coming
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> BTW if we had an "official" typedef list that could be used for the
> length of a whole major release, we could run pgindent on a regular
> basis (say fortnightly or monthly); patch submitters would just need to
> run it on their own trees to avoid merge conflicts.
>
> (Hmm, but I'm unsure how would that work with git merge etc).

Well, step one was finding a way to get a more comprehensive typedef
list. Now we have some sort of mechanism for doing that, we can look at
regularly pulling the list into the source, I guess. Maybe then we could
look at either regular runs or even making it a part of a commit to the
central repo, if we trust it enough. That would have the advantage of
avoiding any later merge problems.

After the release, we can play around some more.

cheers

andrew