Re: Multicolumn index corruption on 8.4 beta 2 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Floris Bos / Maxnet
Subject Re: Multicolumn index corruption on 8.4 beta 2
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

Simon Riggs wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-06-09 at 13:40 +0200, Floris Bos / Maxnet wrote:
>> fsync = off
>
> That's a bad plan if you care about your database.

I am aware of the risk of dataloss in case of power failure, etc.

However fsync=on is simply too slow for my purpose, and it concerns data
that can be regenerated from its source.

The website this setup is for has been running various previous versions
of PostgreSQL with fsync=off since 2005.
So I still expect it to work.

Yours sincerely,

Floris Bos