Re: pg_migrator issue with contrib - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Subject Re: pg_migrator issue with contrib
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus wrote:
> On 6/7/09 10:56 AM, Robert Haas wrote:
>> OK, that's more or less what I thought, and what I intended to convey
>> upthread.  As far as core Postgres is concerned this is a new feature,
>> and we haven't worked out all the kinks yet.
>
> Yes, I'm calling it "pg_migrator beta" in any advocacy/PR about it.
> AFAIC, until we have these sorts of issues worked out, it's still a beta.

afaiks bruce stated he is going to remove the BETA tag from pg_migrator
soon so I guess calling it beta in the main project docs will confuse
the hell out of people(or causing them to think that it is not beta any
more).
So maybe calling it experimental(from the POV of the main project) or
something similiar might still be the better solution.

Stefan