Re: PostgreSQL Developer meeting minutes up - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Markus Wanner
Subject Re: PostgreSQL Developer meeting minutes up
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

Tom Lane wrote:
> There are a number of possible reasons, but here are a few that hold for me:

Thank you for this very good collection. I'm still wondering about
what's the best way to represent this in git (or others). Cherry-picking
is arguably the simplest variant. Maybe that can be combined with
merging to preserve merge capability. I'll try that...

> So there are a lot of good reasons to work backwards in patching.

Agreed and understood. However, there are good reasons for keeping merge
capability between branches intact as well. I still hope we can get both
somehow, if not, I'm certainly accepting that backward patching is more
important.

Regards

Markus Wanner