Re: check for missing tablespaces? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: check for missing tablespaces?
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Andrew Chernow wrote:
> Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>>
>> I am in the middle of helping a customer recover from a situation
>> where a tablespace was missing when a machine was rebooted and
>> postgres restarted,
> Have you uncovered why the tablespace went missing?

No. It's on a SAN, and I understand our hardware guys are talking to the
SAN vendor to get to the bottom of it. The network in the data centre
was reconfigured last night, but that should not in fact have affected
the SAN AFAIK. Other SAN devices mounted quite happily, including the
one containing the main data directory.

Anyway, from this POV all we really need to know is that the device
hosting this tablespace failed to mount when the machine was rebooted,
and then postgres restarted.

cheers

andrew