Re: PostgreSQL Developer meeting minutes up - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: PostgreSQL Developer meeting minutes up
Date
Re: PostgreSQL Developer meeting minutes up  ("Markus Wanner" <markus@bluegap.ch>)
List pgsql-hackers
Markus Wanner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Quoting "Aidan Van Dyk" <aidan@highrise.ca>:
>> This has been raised and ignored many times before on -hackers... The
>> reason is because the tags in the CVS repository are "broken"
>
> Please keep in mind that the amount of "brokenness" here depends a lot
> on the tool used for the conversion to git. AFAIK 'git cvsimport' is
> used for the conversion of the Postgres repository to git. git-cvsimport
> uses cvsps, which is known for its deficiencies.

No, we use fromcvs, not "git cvsimport".

IIRC that was the only one people could make working with incremental
updates.

-- Magnus HaganderSelf: http://www.hagander.net/Work: http://www.redpill-linpro.com/