Re: from_collapse_limit vs. geqo_threshold - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: from_collapse_limit vs. geqo_threshold
Date
Re: from_collapse_limit vs. geqo_threshold  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
Robert,

> It appears that this statement has been in our documentation since Tom
> Lane added FROM_COLLAPSE_LIMIT (back then, it was capitalized) on
> January 25, 2003 (9bf97ff426de9), but I can't find any justification
> for it anywhere.  I think we either need to justify this advice, or
> remove it.

... trying to remember why I wrote that ... what would happen if
FROM_COLLAPSE_LIMIT was *more* than GEQO_THRESHOLD?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.