Re: [Windows] Feedback on PG? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Howard Cole
Subject Re: [Windows] Feedback on PG?
Date
List pgsql-general
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo wrote:
> On Wed, 20 May 2009 11:59:34 +0100
> Raymond O'Donnell <rod@iol.ie> wrote:
>

>> On 20/05/2009 11:49, Ivan Sergio Borgonovo wrote:
>>
>>> I think you could connect from Delphi through ODBC, meybe even on
>>> some .NET driver. I think ODBC should be more mature... but don't
>>> trust me.
>>>
>> You can use ODBC and .NET (depending on which version of Delphi you
>>

> What is the status of the .NET driver?
> Are my assumptions about ODBC vs. .NET valuable or where they just a
> remaining of the past/some nightmare I just had?
>
> Any appreciable difference between the Windows .NET driver and the
> *nix one?

The .NET driver (npgsql) is mature and excellent - I am not sure how you
integrate it with Delphi but for Microsoft .NET environments it is
brilliant. The ease of programming in .NET would make me select it over
ODBC every time.

Howard Cole.