Re: What is the most optimal config parameters to keep stable write TPS ?..

From: Kevin Grittner
Subject: Re: What is the most optimal config parameters to keep stable write TPS ?..
Date: ,
List: pgsql-performance

Tree view

What is the most optimal config parameters to keep stable write TPS ?..  (Dimitri, )
 Re: What is the most optimal config parameters to keep stable write TPS ?..  ("Kevin Grittner", )
  Re: What is the most optimal config parameters to keep stable write TPS ?..  (Dimitri, )
   Re: What is the most optimal config parameters to keep stable write TPS ?..  ("Kevin Grittner", )
    Re: What is the most optimal config parameters to keep stable write TPS ?..  (Dimitri, )
     Re: What is the most optimal config parameters to keep stable write TPS ?..  ("Kevin Grittner", )
      Re: What is the most optimal config parameters to keep stable write TPS ?..  (Dimitri, )
   Re: What is the most optimal config parameters to keep stable write TPS ?..  (Scott Marlowe, )
    Re: What is the most optimal config parameters to keep stable write TPS ?..  (Dimitri, )
   Re: What is the most optimal config parameters to keep stable write TPS ?..  (Laurent Laborde, )
    Re: What is the most optimal config parameters to keep stable write TPS ?..  (Dimitri, )
   Re: What is the most optimal config parameters to keep stable write TPS ?..  ( (Julian v. Bock), )
    Re: What is the most optimal config parameters to keep stable write TPS ?..  (Dimitri, )
 Re: What is the most optimal config parameters to keep stable write TPS ?..  (Greg Smith, )

Dimitri <> wrote:

> what may you suggest as the most optimal postgresql.conf to keep
> writing as stable as possible?..
>
> What I want is to avoid "throughput waves"  - I want to keep my
> response times stable without any activity holes. I've tried to
> reduce checkpoint timeout from 5min to 30sec - it helped, throughput
> is more stable now, but instead of big waves I have now short waves
> anyway..
>
> What is the best options combination here?..

What version of PostgreSQL?  What operating system?  What hardware?

The answers are going to depend on the answers to those questions.

It would also be good to show all lines from postgresql.conf which are
not commented out.

-Kevin