Re: Totally weird behaviour in org.postgresql.Driver - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From peter
Subject Re: Totally weird behaviour in org.postgresql.Driver
Date
Re: Totally weird behaviour in org.postgresql.Driver  (Guy Rouillier <guyr-ml1@burntmail.com>)
List pgsql-jdbc

>         Thanks for sharing the tip! What adjustments exactly did you
>         have to make? I
>         just make every user to log on with different PG username. Are
>         there any
>         other options?
>
> It's fairly unusual to have a tomcat application of any size login to
> the db as the user. Could you share the reason why ?

The app is actually middleware for Adobe Flex frontend and PG backend,
not a regular web app. The architecture requires PG to know which user
has connected (lots of heavy lifting takes place in PG), and we so far
havent found any other way how to let PG know which user has connected.
The only alternative was to supply user ID in every PG function call but
that is messy and introduces it's own limitations as well. If you have
any suggestions I'm all ears! ;)

Peter