Re: windows doesn't notice backend death - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: windows doesn't notice backend death
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
>> FWIW, this certainly used to work. So we've either broken this recently,
>> or it's always been broken on Vista (I've never tried it myself on
>> Vista, only 2000, XP and 2003).
>
> Maybe a quick check if it still works on non-Vista versions would be
> in order, to eliminate one or the other of those theories.

I'll have to take this back.

I just tested back to 8.2.latest on XP, and it has the same behavior. We
don't notice a "kill -9" from the task manager.

If it worked, it's either <8.2, or it's something that changed with a
service pack to XP as well.

//Magnus