Re: recover corrupt DB? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: recover corrupt DB?
Date
Re: recover corrupt DB?  (Dan Armbrust <daniel.armbrust.list@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:
> Craig Ringer <craig@postnewspapers.com.au> writes:
>> I've been wondering about this for a while. Why does Pg end up with the
>> database in an unusable, unrecoverable state after a disk-full error?
>
> It doesn't.  There must have been some other filesystem misfeasance
> involved in the OP's problem.

Cool - so it's definitely meant to handle disk-full fine. That's what  I
was concerned about.

These reports seem to come up a bit, with disk full issues resulting in
the need to pg_resetxlog, dump, and re-initdb, but I wouldn't be too
shocked if they all turned out to be on xfs or something like that.

--
Craig Ringer