Re: Throw some low-level C scutwork at me - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: Throw some low-level C scutwork at me
Date
Re: Throw some low-level C scutwork at me  (David Fetter <david@fetter.org>)
List pgsql-hackers

David E. Wheeler wrote:
> On May 1, 2009, at 8:38 AM, Robert Haas wrote:
>
>> Speaking of space/tab settings, one thing I'm fuzzy on is the rule for
>> wrapping long lines.  I understand that a line that extends past 80
>> characters has to be wrapped, but the amount of indentation on the
>> continuation line doesn't appear to follow a consistent pattern - or
>> does it?
>
> “Perl Best Practices” recommends an indentation of 4 spaces, both for
> block indentations and line continuations. Not sure what'd be best for
> C, though.

Please, let's not have a whole host of different indentation styles.
Postgres has a well established style. Let's stick to it in both perl and C.

cheers

andrew