Re: idea: global temp tables - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: idea: global temp tables
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
> On the matter of LOCAL/GLOBAL, I think the correct thing to do is to
> reject LOCAL and accept GLOBAL as equivalent to the default.
Oops.  Read that too quickly before my first reply.  I think that we
should, as Tom said, warn on *both* for 8.4, and treat GLOBAL per the
standard in 8.5.  I don't know whether we can do anything useful with
LOCAL for 8.5, or whether it should be rejected at that point.
Sorry for my confusion about what you were saying.
-Kevin