Re: partition question for new server setup

From: Kevin Grittner
Subject: Re: partition question for new server setup
Date: ,
List: pgsql-performance

Tree view

partition question for new server setup  (Whit Armstrong, )
 Re: partition question for new server setup  (Scott Marlowe, )
  Re: partition question for new server setup  (Whit Armstrong, )
   Re: partition question for new server setup  (Scott Marlowe, )
    Re: partition question for new server setup  (Kenneth Marshall, )
     Re: partition question for new server setup  (Craig James, )
      Re: partition question for new server setup  ("Kevin Grittner", )
       Re: partition question for new server setup  (Kenneth Marshall, )
        Re: partition question for new server setup  (Scott Marlowe, )
      Re: partition question for new server setup  (Whit Armstrong, )
       Re: partition question for new server setup  ("Kevin Grittner", )
        Re: partition question for new server setup  (Whit Armstrong, )
       Re: partition question for new server setup  (Scott Marlowe, )
      Re: partition question for new server setup  (Scott Carey, )
       Re: partition question for new server setup  (Whit Armstrong, )
        Re: partition question for new server setup  (Scott Carey, )
     Re: partition question for new server setup  (Scott Marlowe, )
   Re: partition question for new server setup  (Alan Hodgson, )

Whit Armstrong <> wrote:
>>   echo noop >/sys/block/hdx/queue/scheduler
>
> can this go into /etc/init.d somewhere?

We set the default for the kernel in the /boot/grub/menu.lst file.  On
a kernel line, add  elevator=xxx (where xxx is your choice of
scheduler).

-Kevin