Here's a fix to AbstractJdbc3Statement.getGeneratedKeys - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Jeppe Sommer
Subject Here's a fix to AbstractJdbc3Statement.getGeneratedKeys
Date
Re: Here's a fix to AbstractJdbc3Statement.getGeneratedKeys
List pgsql-jdbc
Frustrations over a 4 hour database script with MySQL forced me into
this :-)

Porting a project from MySQL to PostgreSQL, I discovered that the jdbc3
facility of returning the generated keys from an insert statement does
not work. On a fresh cvs checkout, there is partial support, however,
all fields are returned, not only the field that are autogenerated.

Here is a patch that fixes this. I hope someone will take a look, and
consider whether it can be adopted into the project. Or improved. It
works for me :-)

The strategy of the patch is simply to inspect the metadata of the
returned (initially full) resultset, and then strip out any fields that
are not marked as autoincrement.

BTW the 4 hour db script finishes after 2m 19s on PostgreSQL.

Best Regards,
Jeppe