Re: Finding out on exactly what I am stuck - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: Finding out on exactly what I am stuck
Date
case insensitive like searches  (Mark Dueck <mark@dueck.bz>)
List pgsql-admin
Péter Kovács <maxottovonstirlitz@gmail.com> wrote:
> I found the source of the problem: the client
> application made SQL calls in invalid sequences.

> I ran the same test case against Oracle as well

> it gave a more informative error message ("protocol violation");
> and, also, the error message was emitted much closer to the place in
> the execution path where the actual programming error occurred.

Could you share information about what you did, what you would like or
expect as an error message, and what you got instead?  It might help
us improve PostgreSQL.

-Kevin