Re: Strange behavior: pgbench and new Linux kernels

From: Kevin Grittner
Subject: Re: Strange behavior: pgbench and new Linux kernels
Date: ,
Re: Strange behavior: pgbench and new Linux kernels  (Greg Smith)
List: pgsql-performance

Tree view

Strange behavior: pgbench and new Linux kernels  (Greg Smith, )
 Re: Strange behavior: pgbench and new Linux kernels  (Matthew, )
  Re: Strange behavior: pgbench and new Linux kernels  (Matthew, )
   Re: Strange behavior: pgbench and new Linux kernels  (Greg Smith, )
   Re: Strange behavior: pgbench and new Linux kernels  (Greg Smith, )
 Re: Strange behavior: pgbench and new Linux kernels  ("Jeffrey Baker", )
  Re: Strange behavior: pgbench and new Linux kernels  (Matthew, )
   Re: Strange behavior: pgbench and new Linux kernels  (Greg Smith, )
    Re: Strange behavior: pgbench and new Linux kernels  (, )
     Re: Strange behavior: pgbench and new Linux kernels  (Greg Smith, )
    Re: Strange behavior: pgbench and new Linux kernels  (Tom Lane, )
     Re: Strange behavior: pgbench and new Linux kernels  (Greg Smith, )
    Re: Strange behavior: pgbench and new Linux kernels  ("Kevin Grittner", )
     Re: Strange behavior: pgbench and new Linux kernels  (Greg Smith, )
     Re: Strange behavior: pgbench and new Linux kernels  (Greg Smith, )
      Re: Strange behavior: pgbench and new Linux kernels  (Josh Berkus, )
       Re: Strange behavior: pgbench and new Linux kernels  (Greg Smith, )
  Re: Strange behavior: pgbench and new Linux kernels  (Greg Smith, )

>>> On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at  7:26 PM, Greg Smith wrote:

> On this benchmark 2.6.25 is the worst kernel yet:

> It seems I have a lot of work ahead of me here
> to nail down and report what's going on here.

I don't remember seeing a follow-up on this issue from last year.
Are there still any particular kernels to avoid based on this?

Thanks,

-Kevin