Re: Hibernate, JBoss, PostgreSQL, timestamp read doesn't match during update - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Roland Roberts
Subject Re: Hibernate, JBoss, PostgreSQL, timestamp read doesn't match during update
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Dave Cramer wrote:
> You should not use a trigger to generate the version info for
> hibernate. You should use the application's time.
Then why bother having the generated atribute to version?  That flies in
the face of the design of *Hibernate* in allowing this.  Hibernate
*does* do the right thing in querying the column to get the value back
after the update.  You're telling me to not do what Hibernate explicitly
say I can do.  Why?

roland

--
               PGP Key ID: 66 BC 3B CD