Re: NoClassDefFoundErrors - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Oliver Jowett
Subject Re: NoClassDefFoundErrors
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Robin Rosenberg wrote:
> Under various error conditions (and possibly otherwise) we get noclassdeffound errors instead of an SQL exception.
>
> Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/postgresql/core/Parser
>     at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.parseQuery(QueryExecutorImpl.java:77)
>     at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.createParameterizedQuery(QueryExecutorImpl.java:55)

> We're currently on version 8.3-603 of the driver within glassfish 2.1

$ jar tvf postgresql-8.3-603.jdbc2.jar  | grep Parser.class
  2904 Thu Jan 31 03:01:38 NZDT 2008 org/postgresql/core/Parser.class

The class is there, so either you have a mangled copy of the driver jar,
or glassfish is breaking something, or you have encountered a JVM bug.

Parser is an integral part of the driver, used whenever you have a query
that contains any of these characters: '"-/$

-O